Waking up early is a great way to get more done in the day. Waking up early can be tough, however, especially if you have a hectic and busy schedule. A simple trick to get your mind off of work and start your morning is by doing something that will make you feel good.
Here’s how to wake up at 4 AM;
- Have a strong reason why you’re waking up at 4 AM. Have enough motivation to wake up early.
- Go to bed early. You need at least 7-8 hours of sleep if you’re to be productive the next day. There’s no point of waking up at 4 AM if you’re not going to be productive.
- Do it gradually. If you wake up at 8 AM start with 30-minute or 1-hour intervals to shift your schedule back. Wake up at 7.30 for a few days then 7 AM. Eventually, you’ll be waking up at 4 AM.
- Get rid of distractions; Early risers are often more productive because they have more time to get things done. They manage to avoid distractions and stay focused on what’s important.
- Drink plenty of water before bedtime; Drinking plenty of water before bed will give your body time to clear out toxins and waste and help you sleep better.
- Create a morning routine that will help you stay focused;
- Exercise first thing in the morning to wake up your body.
Benefits of Waking up at 4 AM
- Improved productivity and performance: Waking up early has numerous benefits for you, no matter what your profession. Those who wake up before the alarm goes off are more productive and have higher performance throughout the day.
- Better mood and more positive outlook; People living in the present are happier and more positive, while those in the past or future tend to be less happy.
- Greater productivity throughout the week; A single day’s work can be spread out over the week as well as on a given day.
The Science Behind Why 4 AM is the Best Time of Day to Wake Up at
4 AM is the best time of day to wake up because it is when your brain’s natural rhythm peaks. The body’s cortisol levels are also low and the brain’s serotonin levels are high.
This happy, energized state gives you the best chance to start your day off on a positive note. .4AM is also when levels of norepinephrine, dopamine, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor are at their highest.
These markers are thought to be key factors in promoting a good mood, sharp thinking, and memory recall. The natural rhythms at this time may also help regulate your sleep-wake cycle, which can help improve your quality of sleep.
RELATED: Toxic Morning Habits to Quit
Tips To Help You Get Through The Day
Here are a few tips that can help you get through the day if you wake up at 4 AM :
- Keep a journal or diary of your sleep patterns and how they change over time. You will be able to see patterns and figure out what works best for you so that you can adjust your sleeping habits accordingly.
- Start exercising in the morning hours so that it keeps you awake throughout the night instead of sleeping too long and waking up groggy and tired later on in the day.
- Take naps during the day when it gets too dark outside or when you just need a break from all of the work that you have to do.
- Keep a secret stash of coffee and energy drinks in your car for when you need a pick-me-up during the day. This will help you keep going throughout the day, even if it feels like you are just treading water.